The last two weeks we have been busy improving and adding some additional features to Thymer, based on the initial feedback (thanks everyone!). Here’s an overview of the changes you’ll notice most:
Date formats (German, Swedish)
Some German and Swedish users pointed out they would like to see support for date formats used in these countries. As we want Thymer to work for people in many different countries, we started out by added some additional date formats. More to come.
It’s now possible to leave comments and discuss tasks without having to leave the page. An option to view the discussion on a separate page is also still there. As we also happen to often close a task after leaving a comment (like “I don’t think it needs to be improved any further”), we added an extra completed button which will post the comment and mark the task as done.Â Comments can also be edited now.
Double Click to Edit
Some of our users told us it would be useful to be able to edit a task by simply double clicking it. We added this feature too.
Fixes and other improvements
- We changed the way task lists are rendered now, so it should feel faster and snappier.
- Just after the first users signed up, Internet Explorer 8 was released, and apparently there were still some issues for IE8 users; those have been fixed as well.
- Times are now shown in a more readable format (like 15 minutes ago).
- When many active projects are created, they will all be visible, spanning multiple lines.
- Project names can now be edited, using the ‘Edit’ button shown at the bottom of a project’s task list.
For all those who signed up for a beta invite, watch your mailbox the next few days.
Have a nice weekend!